The manual. This book could be named « the first acquaintance to the Jewish tradition ». Originally it intended for teaching in the senior classes of Russian-speaking Jewish schools. Subsequently the manual has been advanced and today can be used as an introduction rate for all comers to familiarize with bases of the Jewish tradition.
Table of Contents
Part I. BASIC CONCEPTS
1. What is Judaism?
2. The Jewish people
3. The main periods of Jewish history
4. The Giving of the Torah. The commandments
5. The main books of the Jewish tradition
6. The synagogue and prayer
7. The Land of Israel
8. principles RaMBaM
Part II. ALL YEAR ROUND
1. The Jewish calendar
2. Dates calendar. general survey
4. New Year and the Day of Judgment
7. The period of the Omer
11. In memory of the destruction of the Temple (posts)
12. Tu B'Shvat
Part III. WORLD COMMANDMENTS
2. Some of the commandments "man - the man"
3. Requiring prayer "Shema"
5. some of the principles